Tuesday, July 14, 2020

My new website

One big project that I am working on, thanks to my Digital Marketing Certification course at George Brown college, is my website on Indian Regional Cinema. 

What’s my story?


How many movies do you watch in a week? 1, 2, 5? I watch at least 6 movies

a week. Not just for the story telling but the technicality and art. In plain

words, I am a cinephile.


As Bong Joon Ho said, “Once you overcome the 1-inch-tall barrier

of subtitles, you will be introduced to so many more amazing films”. And I

totally agree with him.


I watch movies of all languages. However, I am partial to movies from India.

One because I lived there for 3 decades and two just because I see that there

is a dire lack of screenings for Indian Regional movies in the GTA.

Pondering over the reason, I found that there is a lack of dialogue, a

community or content around Indian regional movies. Of course, there is a

lot on “Bollywood movies”.


So, this is my passion project. I want to talk about Indian regional cinema,

see if I can lure non-natives towards it and build a community who enjoy

good Indian movies.


So, this is the URL to my website - Indian Regional Cinema Club


There are two blog posts that I wrote here:


Introduction post


Who are we? What do we want to do?




No comments:

Post a Comment