Saturday, September 17, 2011

What is in a name

This post contains some "suyapuranam". Hee hee. After all it is my blog. :)

This is about my Username. "Sowmy Haasini".

This was "coined" by me when my parents bought a laptop for me when I was doing ME.

I had to give a name to my laptop. I was thinking and thinking.

Then I got this name "Sowmy".

This was formed by "concatenating" the first three characters of my name wiht the last two characters of my boy friend's (now my sweet hubby) name.

SOWbhagya + gurusaMY = Sowmy.

So, my laptop was named Sowmy'sLap.

My mom and Dad may be furious on this. "I bought the laptop and u give ur boy friend's name to it. :) Sorry mom, sorry dad. :) Hope U both would agree that "It Happens" as Karthick always says. :)

Sometime later I started using FB. I needed a Username for that. I decided to use "Sowmy". But, so sad... It was already taken. :(

I did not like to add any numbers in my Username. So, again thinking started.

That was the time when "Santhosh Subramaniam" film was running Successfully. And my boy friend had (yes had) a Crush towards Genelia!!! (LOL).

Also, he was very impressed and fell in love with the character "Haasini". Yes, he was very much in love with that character that he was telling me that we will name our daughter (we were not even married then) "Haasini".

Its love, man. I accepted. :) Honestly, I love that character too and naming a daughter, Haasini seems very lovely (at least to us). :)

So, it struck in my mind while I was thinking of a Username for FB that I again "concatenate" Sowmy and Haasini.

Concatenation happened again and thus my name on the internet now is "Sowmy Haasini". And people, you know what?? Everyone started calling me "Sowmy". Wow!! I am Lovin it. :)

For all those people who had patience to read my "Suyapuranam" - Thanks a lot. :)

Bye for now people. :)

P.S.: Thanks for becoming members, Guru, AK, Karthick, Deepti and Pradeep. :)

4 comments:

  1. As yu itself said its ur "suyapuranam" ... :P .. But, its good ... ;) .. I am not sure about if yu both(yu and guru) joined the club of mine or me joined yu... I mean the club of people love "Haasini" character in that movie ... I was mad about that character those days ... ;) .. I love the way yu sticked it to ur name ... ;) .. Keep blogging Mrs. SOW(bhagya gurusa)MY "HAASINI" .. ;) ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete